Do you want to lose weight with the help of ginger? In this article we show you how to do it by showing you some of the most effective slimming recipes that you can prepare with this root of oriental origin. We are facing an ingredient that many have already included in their hypocaloric diet, and it is that it has been shown that, in addition to benefiting our health, it is perfect for losing weight in a healthy way, reducing the impulsive desire to eat, preventing retention of liquids, eliminate toxins, burn fat, among many other properties that we will explain below. Keep reading to discover the 5 recipes with ginger to lose weight and you will see that in addition to defining your figure you will enjoy a delicious and peculiar flavor.
Properties of ginger to lose weight
Ginger has emerged as one of the foods of the moment to lose weight and reduce measures in a natural and healthy way, as it also has many beneficial properties for the health of the body. Discover below what are all the properties of ginger to lose weight and find out what this oriental root can do for your figure:
- It speeds up the metabolism, so the body burns fatter and expends more energy. This is mainly thanks to its components gingerol and shogaol.
- It is thermogenic, that is, when consumed, the body temperature rises, which is also very effective in burning those fats that accumulate in some areas of the body.
- It reduces the feeling of hunger because it increases the levels of serotonin in the body. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that helps to control that feeling of hunger and that, consequently, reduces appetite.
- It favors digestion, since it increases the production of gastric juices and stimulates the mobility of the stomach muscles.
- It is rich in antioxidants, which allow to eliminateaccumulated toxins and prevent conditions such as fluid retention, which also causes bloating and weight gain.
Ginger, cinnamon and lemon tea
One of the most effective and simple recipes with ginger to lose weight is ginger, cinnamon and lemon tea. This preparation combines the previous properties of this root with the slimming effects of cinnamon and lemon. Cinnamon also burns fats faster, helps eliminate retained fluids, and lowers blood sugar levels; for its part, lemon is low in calories, very satiating and diuretic.
- 1 slice of ginger root
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup of mineral water
- Grate the ginger root.
- In a pot, heat the water and add the grated ginger and cinnamon. Let it cook for about 10 minutes over low heat.
- Squeeze half of the lemon to extract its juice and add it to the previous mixture.
- Strain the preparation obtained and you will have your ginger, cinnamon and lemon tea to lose weight ready to drink.
Ginger and pineapple juice
Pineapple is one of the best fruits to lose weight that exist, therefore, this time we suggest you combine ginger with it in a fat burning and purifying juice. With this preparation, you can feel satiated faster, eliminate accumulated toxins, combat swelling and even the appearance of cellulite.
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger root
- 2 slices of fresh pineapple
- 1 glass of mineral water
- Cut the pineapple slices into medium pieces.
- Place the pineapple in the blender, add the ginger and water.
- Process all the ingredients until you get a homogeneous juice and drink freshly made to take advantage of all its properties.
It is best that you consume this ginger and pineapple juice to lose weight every day first thing in the morning.
Grapefruit, ginger and lemon juice
Would you like to burn more fat and at the same time enjoy a rich and refreshing juice? Then this recipe with ginger for weight loss is perfect for you, it is about preparing a grapefruit, ginger and lemon juice. Previously, we have already talked about the slimming properties of the last two ingredients, but you should know that grapefruit is a citrus that stands out for its satiating, diuretic and fat burning effect, thus being excellent for losing those extra kilos.
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 lemon
- 1 glass of water
- Squeeze the grapefruit and lemon to obtain their natural juices.
- Add the juices in the blender along with the ginger and the glass of water.
- Process until obtaining a homogeneous juice. Add a little honey if you want it to taste sweeter.
To the previous teas and juices with ginger to lose weight, we can also add some recipes for healthy dishes made with this oriental root and other healthy and low-calorie foods. The first option offers you a super tasty and delicious ginger chicken dish, take note of how you should prepare it at home.
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 cup ginger soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- some fine herbs
- Cut the chicken breast into fillets and place them in a pan with a little olive oil.
- Garnish the chicken breast fillets with the minced garlic and fine herbs.
- Wait for the breasts to fry.
- Add the ginger and soy sauce to the chicken breasts and lower the heat. Wait for it to cook for about 5 minutes and voila!
Carrot cream with ginger
We finished the list of recipes with ginger to lose weight with an incredible carrot cream with ginger, a perfect dish for a light dinner without consuming many calories. In addition, the carrot is a very satiating vegetable thanks to its high fiber and water content.
- 6 carrots
- 1 piece of fresh ginger root
- 1/2 chives
- 1/2 leek
- 1/2 orange
- 600 ml of water
- olive oil
- Chop all the vegetables and fry them in a saucepan with a splash of olive oil. Add a pinch of salt.
- Add the grated ginger and water and cook until the carrots are soft.
- Add the orange juice and cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Beat all the ingredients until you get a homogeneous cream without lumps.