Oatmeal and banana cakes are a perfect solution if you want to make original and delicious breakfasts, snacks or desserts that are still healthy. We often think that healthy meals are contained in expensive recipes that are difficult or time consuming. Nothing is further from reality! In this article we show you how to make oatmeal and banana pancakes quickly and easily.
The recipe for oatmeal and banana pancakes that we present to you in this article has great nutritional value and they are capable of replacing, without hardly noticing the difference, the heavy caloric breakfasts. These are some of the benefits of this dish:
- It is a low sugar and very healthy food.
- It is ideal for children, gluten intolerant or athletes.
- It is a simple and quick recipe to make in the morning.
- The banana, the main food of the recipe, is a food rich in protein, so you will start your day with energy.
- It is a delicious and simple fitness recipe.
Do you want to know the step-by-step recipe to prepare these delicious oatmeal and fitness banana pancakes? Put on your apron and read on!
- 1 large ripe banana (or two small ones)
- A glass of milk
- 120 grams of rolled oats
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- A tablespoon of light oil or butter
Steps to follow to make this recipe:
One.If you don’t have ground oats, the first step in making these fluffy oatmeal pancakes will be to mash the flakes well with the mixer until you have powdered oats. If your oatmeal is already ground, perfect! Your ingredients will be ready.
Two.Once the process is finished, prepare another container and mash the banana in it with a fork. If you prefer, you can use two small bananas instead of one large one. In any case, dedicate the minutes it takes until the bananas are well mashed.
3.The next step in this recipe for oatmeal and banana pancakes for children and adults will be to add the rest of the ingredients along with the banana. Include the eggs, milk and ground oats and blend everything with a mixer until you get a homogeneous mixture.
4.Once you have the dough ready and there are no large pieces of food left in the mixture, it will be time to add the salt and cinnamon. Stir well until there are no lumps and the salt and cinnamon are well integrated into the dough.
5.In a skillet, put the oil or butter over medium heat. Once hot, carefully pour in some of the pancake batter and let it brown. The amount you add will depend on the size of the pancakes you want. Once golden, turn it over and let it take the same color on the other side. We advise you to use a fine spatula and go little by little so as not to break the dough.
6.Cooking the pancakes on both sides will take less than two minutes, although it will also depend on the power of your fire. In any case, it is a very simple process that you will have to repeat with the rest of the pancakes until the dough is empty.
7.Once you finish this step … your pancakes will be ready! Our advice is that you serve the banana pancakes still hot, with the ingredients you prefer on top. Of course, the banana slices are a success, but you can also bet on a little maple syrup, strawberry syrup, red berries, etc. Your mountain of pancakes before adding the ingredients should look like this:
8.Do you want to learn how to make oatmeal and banana pancakes without eggs? We recommend substituting this ingredient for 1 teaspoon of yeast. Although you may notice a slight change in texture, both results will be just as delicious.
- Banana is rich in sugars, so it is advisable to eat pancakes for breakfast to burn it throughout the day.
- If you are an athlete and do not want to eat eggs because they have cholesterol, you can always use only the whites of it.
- If the bananas are ripe enough, they will add a sweet flavor to the pancakes as well as juiciness, so you don’t have to add sugar.
- You can substitute the vegetable milk for some other milk that you usually consume.
- A good pan is essential so that the dough does not stick when you turn it over.
- If you want the pancakes to be fluffy, you can also add half a teaspoon of yeast.
- Remember to eat them freshly made, as it will be when they are richest.
- If you are in a rush in the morning, you can leave the dough made before bed and when you get up, make the pancakes in two minutes.