The snack is a meal of the day cannot be avoided even if you’re on a diet. Eating something in the middle of the afternoon we manage to reduce the feeling of hunger in addition to giving us an energy injection that helps us continue with our work before finishing the day. Of course: it is recommended that you leave aside the pastries or chocolates and opt for another type of less caloric snack; for this reason, here we tell you how to make healthy snacks.
Steps to follow:
One.One of the basic rules of healthy eating lies in eating 5 meals a day. Why? Because distributing the absorption of energy throughout the day helps us feel stronger, so that we do not feel hungry and that our body works throughout the day. Therefore, even if you are on a diet, you should know that the snack should never be skipped.
Keep in mind that, if you do not eat anything in the afternoon, the hunger with which you will arrive at dinner will be much greater than if you have filled your stomach and having a lot of dinner does result in gaining weight. So, whatever your situation, you shouldn’t skip the snack.
Two.What we must be clear about is that the snack should not have a high caloric intake, in fact, it is considered that 150 or 200 kcal should be taken at this time of day. To enjoy healthy snacks it is important that you eliminate from your diet all those products with excess fat or sugars that hardly provide you with nutrients and do provide you with large calories: pastries, chocolate or salty snacks have to disappear from your diet and to be replaced by another type of diet that is much healthier and more nutritious.
3.There is a controversy with carbohydrates at this time of the afternoon; this group of foods is recommended to take during the first hours of the day and trying to restrict its use during the afternoon and night. The main reason is that carbohydrates must be burned because, otherwise, they end up accumulating in our body in the form of saturated fat; so, roughly speaking, we’d say carbohydrates are not a good option for snacking.
However, if you usually do sports in the afternoon, if you are going to do an activity that requires a lot of energy, then you can add this group of foods to your snacks; yes: opt for those made with whole wheat flour because the refined ones do not contain any nutrients and they do contain a lot of sugar. Snacks made of whole wheat bread, whole grain crackers or whole grains are a good option for those who still have a lot to do during the day.
4.To get a healthy snack, we recommend that you make a list with possible snacks that will make sure you do not get bored every day; If you are going to be away from home, it is important that you be proactive and take it with you, otherwise, it is very easy to be tempted to go to a bakery or any store and buy high-fat sweets. Therefore, make a list with the distribution of your snacks each week and choose to always carry a healthy snack in your bag or at work.
5.Next, we will give you examples of healthy snacks so that you can see what you can eat during this time of day without getting fat and getting your body to eat just what it needs:
- Natural skimmed yogurt with pieces of freshcrumbled fruit: a good option is to cut pieces of natural strawberry and mix them with the skimmed yogurt. You will feel satiated and it is delicious.
- Fruitsmoothie: take the fresh fruit that you want, mix it with a skimmed yogurt and a little skimmed milk and beat it in a blender. It will be delicious and, in addition, it has hardly any calories.
- Fruit salador fruit of the season: although fruit is considered a simple carbohydrate, it is a perfect option to take during a snack due to its high sugar content but low calories. It is ideal to remove your body’s desire for sugar without taking fat.
- If you fancy something salty, you can opt for low-fat proteins such as three slices of turkey, a skimmed fresh cheeseor a can of natural tuna.
- People who are going to do sports or other activities that require an energy source can have carbohydratesduring the snack. Two or three whole-grain crackers, a handful of whole grains, or a whole-grain sandwich made with low-fat ingredients is a healthy and nutritious option.