A healthy and balanced diet allows you to lose weight or maintain it without starving and covering all the nutritional needs of the body. Those that are based on the prohibition of many foods and on constantly repeating the same meals are doomed to failure, in addition to being harmful to health by generating anxiety and frustration, among other aspects.
In this sense, to meet all nutritional needs, many people turn to energy bars. They are a great alternative if your diet does not finish reaching the amounts of nutrients that the body requires or if you prefer to eat more times throughout the day, apart from the three main ones. Despite there being many varieties on the market, making them homemade is the healthiest option. If you want to discover how to make homemade energy bars with different products and flavors, here we recommend that you continue reading this article where you will see 4 recipes.
How to make oatmeal energy bars
There are many recipes for energy bars depending on the flavor and the products included and all are good to include, for example, in an energy and healthy lunch or breakfast. One of the best-known cereal energy bar recipes is oatmeal, a food with great properties and health benefits such as the following:
- It has a great protein intake, as it is one of the cereals with the highest protein content.
- Fight constipation.
- Provides healthy fats to the body.
- Rich in carbohydrates (60%), thus providing a lot of energy.
- It is satiating and helps to take care of the nervous system.
- Good source of vitamin B and minerals.
However, being a fairly energetic food, there are those who wonder, is eating oatmeal fat every day? And here we clarify it, but we already anticipate that it will depend a lot on your lifestyle.
If you want to know how to make energy bars without an oven with oats and banana, follow these steps to achieve it successfully:
- Light a fire and put a pan with a little oil.
- Add oatmeal to toast in the pan for 20 minutes.
- Mash some bananas in a large bowl, transforming them into a puree, and add the toasted oats, mixing both products well. In this way, you will also make homemade banana energy bars, which are some of the richest in nutrients and energy.
- Add the rest of the ingredients such as vanilla, cinnamon and honey. In this way, you will get the mixture to be consistent and sticky.
- You can add seeds, some dried fruit, blueberries or raisins to add more flavor in the energy bars.
- Finish stirring all the ingredients and place the dough created in a square or rectangular container.
- Smash the mixture trying to make it compact and let it cool to room temperature.
- Put the container in the fridge for 3 hours.
- Take out the container with the mixture to cut it into different pieces of similar size and you can now enjoy your oatmeal energy bars.
How to Make Nut Energy Bars
This is another good recipe for cereal bars that will give you even more energy by containing a variety of nuts. With oatmeal, nuts to your liking, cinnamon (optional), honey and sunflower oil you can make this recipe for energy bars of nuts:
- Line a rectangular mold with parchment paper, plastic wrap or another similar, add a little sunflower oil and set it aside.
- With a knife, chop the nuts into small pieces.
- Add a little oil to a pan and add the chopped nuts. Also include the rolled oats to brown them for 5 minutes.
- Add a little cinnamon, if you like its flavor, and stir all the ingredients over medium heat.
- Now put the heat low, add honey and stir the mixture several times until it is well united and uniform.
- Retrieve the mold from the beginning and add the prepared mixture. Press it with the help of the paper.
- Wrap the mixture with the same paper and, later, with plastic wrap.
- Put the mold in the fridge for 2 hours.
- After this time, take out the mold and cut the dough into equal pieces to be able to taste these homemade energy bars with nuts.
How to make coconut energy bars
Homemade rice bars, muesli, granola, with almonds, etc. There are many options and flavors that energy bars can have. Thus, even coconut lovers have a recipe to prepare these bars with this product. This will require several products made with this fruit: oil, milk, flour and protein, apart from other basic ingredients for energy bars. The steps to follow to make energy coconut bars are these:
- Mix the sugar, protein and coconut flour, that is, those solid ingredients of the recipe.
- Melt the coconut oil in a double boiler and mix it with coconut milk. If you have, you can add natural coconut shavings.
- In the same container, put all the ingredients and mix them until you get an integrated dough.
- Transfer the homogeneous dough to a rectangular container previously lined with greaseproof paper or other similar.
- Using a spatula, spread the dough all over the bowl.
- Put the container in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Finally, cut the dough into different bars and you can eat them.
How to make energy bars with chocolate
Finally, we show you how to make homemade chocolate energy bars. By following these steps you will achieve it:
- Crush almonds and the nuts that you like the most. The pieces should be very small.
- Add chocolate to grind all the ingredients again.
- Optionally, includes pitted dates. If you have added them, you will have to grind everything again: make sure that the dates have turned into a thick cream or paste.
- Add a little water and mix again for a slightly stickier texture.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and optionally add pumpkin seeds. Stir everything again to get a homogeneous dough.
- Transfer the dough to a mold or a tray lined with parchment, baking paper or a similar one so that it does not stick.
- Press the dough with the paper until it forms an even square.
- Put the tray in the fridge for 30 minutes or a maximum of 1 hour and then cut the dough into bars to taste them.