Diabetes is a disease in which the blood glucose level is too high, although suffering from this condition can also cause hypoglycemia at certain times. It is very important to learn to control it in order to lead a normal life and avoid complications. There are two types of this disease: while type 1 is a chronic problem, type 2 can be overcome, although this will depend on the severity of diabetes and what we do about it.
More and more people are wondering how to make diabetes juices in order to take advantage of the benefits of certain foods and control the condition. Therefore, in this article we explain which are the best recipes that you can make if you want to enjoy the best juices for diabetics.
Smoothies for diabetics based on aloe Vera
Aloe Vera or aloe is one of the most used plants in the world for its beneficial and incredible properties for health. Here we tell you that aloe Vera for diabetes is a great option, as it contains hypoglycemic properties that help lower the level of glucose in the blood. If you wonder how to lower sugar quickly in a natural way, don’t miss this recipe:
- 1 aloe leaf
- 1 glass of natural water
Preparation and treatment
- Cut a leaf and extract the gel or polish from it with the help of a knife.
- Add the gel in the blender or mixer, and then a glass of natural water.
- Blend until well mixed. If it is still too thick for your taste, you can add half a glass more of water.
- Store the smoothie in the fridge to drink it colder, as it will be better that way and will keep better.
- Consume this smoothie 2 times a day, preferably on an empty stomach and before eating. If you decide to take it only once a day, let it be fasting in the morning.
- Take it for 1 month and you will see how your blood sugar or glucose levels are regulated.
Shakes for diabetics with onion
Another of the best juice recipes for diabetes is the one that contains onion, as it has recently been shown that this ingredient is very effective in treating blood sugar levels. This is because onion contains a component called allyl propyl disulfide, which is responsible for keeping glucose at bay.
This food is one of the most used in natural medicine, as it contains various very beneficial properties for a large number of conditions. To make this onion juice for diabetics you will need:
- 1/2 white, red or purple onion
- The juice of 1 lemon
- Peel the amount of onion mentioned and chop it.
- Extract the juice from a lemon.
- Add both ingredients to the mixer or blender and mix well until well combined.
- If the flavor is too strong, you can add half a glass of water and let it cool in the fridge to drink it cold, so the flavor will be less noticeable.
- Take it 1 time a day on an empty stomach.
- You can take this juice for 15 days in a row to notice its effect quickly. However, if you think that your glucose levels have not yet been regulated, we advise you to rest for a week before starting treatment again.
Another delicious variation would be to add a little cinnamon to this mixture. This food is known to reduce blood sugar, so do not hesitate to improve the flavor of your juice with a branch of this species.
Juices for diabetes with nopal and kiwi
Both nopal and kiwi have a low glycemic index (GI) and contain many fibers capable of delaying the absorption of sugar in the blood. For this reason, they are two ideal fruits to make smoothies for diabetics. Follow these prompts:
- 1 nopal
- 2 kiwis
- Wash, peel and chop the ingredients.
- Blend them or beat them well until they are integrated and, if you want, add a glass of water to the mixture (this will make the juice less thick).
- Drink it once a day on an empty stomach for 2 to 3 weeks. Once again, if you want to extend the treatment, we advise you to wait a week before starting again. Do not forget to consult this habit with your doctor, as each case of diabetes is different and some of the ingredients may not be beneficial for your treatment.
Natural smoothies for diabetics based on carrot and orange
Carrot and orange are foods that contain sugars, so they should always be consumed in moderation. However, since they are considered low-GI foods and are packed with antioxidants, they are considered good fruits for treating diabetes (as long as they are consumed properly and not excessively). Follow these steps:
- 1 carrot
- 1 orange
- Wash, peel and chop the carrot.
- Juice an orange.
- Add the two ingredients in the blender and mix until well combined.
- It is not necessary that you strain the mixture, in fact, it is better if you do not, since this way you will take advantage of its properties.
- Take this juice once a day, if possible on an empty stomach or for lunch.
- Take it for a maximum of 1 or 2 weeks and then rest 1 week before taking it again if your doctor recommends it.
If you want to make more smoothies for diabetics based on these fruits, we recommend that you add a little unsweetened almond milk to the mixture. This ingredient, in addition to being satiating, will give your juice that dense texture so typical of smoothies.
Juices for diabetes – celery and spinach
Finally, we present another of the most recommended star juice recipes for diabetics. These two low GI foods are very beneficial for the proper functioning of our body and stand out for the large amount of antioxidants, vitamins, fibers and minerals they contain. To make this celery and spinach juice for type 2 diabetes follow these steps:
- 2 handfuls of spinach leaves
- 1 stick of celery
- 1 glass of water
- Wash the ingredients and chop them.
- Add them to the blender and mix until smooth. Don’t strain the smoothie!
- For another variation, you can add cucumber, lemon, or carrot to your smoothie.
- Take this juice 2 times a day; one on an empty stomach in the morning and another for a snack.
- We recommend that you drink this juice for 1 month and then consult a specialist if you can continue drinking it.
Since all of these foods are low GI and suitable for treating glucose and insulin related conditions, you can whip up various shakes to your liking and try new recipes. You can experiment, for example, with the mixture of lemon or aloe Vera, or make a juice of nopal and kiwi with half an orange juice.
How to manage diabetes naturally – other tips
As we have discussed, there are two different types of diabetes. Although it is true that the problem is the same in both (blood glucose increases), the reasons for its appearance are different:
- Type 1 diabetes: those who suffer from this condition have the problem that their pancreas does not produce insulin because the cells of this organ no longer work well, which is why they are known as insulin-dependent. In these cases, the affected people need more insulin in their body and, consequently, they must use injections of this hormone on a daily basis, regulating the amounts daily.
- Type 2 diabetes: in this case, the body becomes resistant to insulin, does not use it properly, or does not produce enough. This type of diabetes is even more common, since it usually occurs in an acquired form, being related to an unhealthy diet, sedentary lifestyle and obesity.
When in doubt about whether diabetes can be treated or controlled naturally, the answer is that it depends on the type. In type 1 diabetes, insulin injection is essential, as well as strict control of the type of diet followed (always recommended by the specialist doctor). On the other hand, in type 2 diabetes, ways can be found to control and even combat it. For this, a good diet, the practice of daily sport and medical and natural treatments must be taken into