The porridge , known in England as porridge , have become one of the recent successes of social networks because it is a healthy, nutritious alternative and ideal to start the day with a breakfast that will bring us a good deal fiber and energy. The many benefits of oats on our health are enhanced with this food, to which fruits or nuts are also added to enhance its nutritional value. If you are ready to add it to your diet, here we show you our own version so that you can discover how to make oat porridge, from this recipe you can add the elements you like the most to adapt it to your preferences.
- 8 tablespoons oat flakes
- 2 or 3 fruits to taste (banana, apple, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, etc.)
- Ground cinnamon (optional)
- 3 tablespoons of semi-crushed almonds
- 500 ml of milk or a vegetable drink of your choice
- Sweetener or brown sugar to taste
- a pinch of salt
Steps to follow to make this recipe:
One.Before starting with these oatmeal porridge recipe proposals, it is important to know the benefits of this food and why it is an excellent alternative to start the day.
The porridge are a good nutritional choice because:
- They have a great contribution of fiber that helps us improve intestinal transit and reduce constipation.
- Fiber also makes us feel satiated for longer, an effect that is enhanced if we add nuts to the dish. In this way we will consume a breakfast that will satisfy our hunger throughout the morning.
- This whole grain cereal helps us protect our heart against heart disease.
- Oats are beneficial for reducing cholesterol and fat accumulated in our body.
- The sugar content present in fruits gives us short-term energy that helps us wake up.
- In addition, oats are a complex carbohydrate, which means that it provides us with energy throughout the day due to its slow release.
Two.The best thing about oat porridge is that you can add any dried fruit or fruit of your choice: walnuts, sunflower seeds, raisins, red berries, pear, apple, and banana, whatever you want! This makes it a very versatile breakfast dish.
To begin its preparation, turn on the high heat and heat the milk or vegetable drink you have chosen in a pot. You can use skimmed cow’s milk or opt for other products such as soy, almond or oat milk.
3.When it is close to boiling, reduce to medium heat and add the 8 tablespoons of oatmeal, remember that this measure is for 2 people. If you are going to prepare the oatmeal porridge just for yourself then just add 4 tablespoons of oats to 250 ml of milk. Stir and then cover for 10 minutes to let the cereal cook.
4.After this time, try your oatmeal porridge, the cereal should be soft and the result should be similar to a porridge. When ready, turn off the heat, add a pinch of salt to enhance the flavor, stir and let it cool a little while you cut the fruit.
If you plan to add nuts like almonds or walnuts, it is best to mash them a bit. Now you just have to wash and chop the fruits into small pieces that are easy to eat in one bite. Serve the porridge in a deep plate, sprinkle with a little brown sugar or whatever sweetener you want if you want to sweeten it, add cinnamon powder if you like this spice, add the fruit and nuts and that’s it!
It’s that simple to make an oatmeal porridge. Enjoy its nutritious contribution and have breakfast like a champion.