A good diet is the basis of a healthy life. In the culinary market there are many delicious vegetable creams, however, not all the ingredients of these creams are suitable for everyone. In the case of vegans, that is, those who decide not to consume any food of animal origin, many creams pose an obstacle to their diet, since these dishes usually contain milk and other animal products.
So that everyone can enjoy a rich and healthy dish like this, in the following article we explain how to make vegan broccoli cream in a few simple steps. Take note and enjoy this tasty recipe!
- 1 broccoli
- 1 potato
- Salt and pepper
- A liter of vegetable broth (homemade or pill)
- Olive oil
- 1 onion
- Half garlic
- Croutons (optional)
- White wine (optional)
Steps to follow to make this recipe:
One.Before starting with this recipe, we want to emphasize some of the properties and benefits of broccoli. Do you want to know why we consider the consumption of this vegetable essential? We tell you:
- Broccoli is a food with a lot of fiber, so it prevents and treats constipation naturally.
- It is also a food rich in calcium, phosphorus and magnesium, so it is very beneficial for the bones.
- It is a source of iron and folic acid, perfect for fighting problems such as anemia.
- Broccoli is also highly purifying, so its consumption can help us detoxify the body.
- The antioxidant components of broccoli make this food also very beneficial for our skin.
- Broccoli contains a high percentage of minerals and vitamins (especially vitamin C), so it can help us keep cholesterol at bay and regulate cardiovascular problems.
Two.Once the great benefits of broccoli have been mentioned, the time has come to get down to work. Wash the ingredients well and chop the garlic and onion into medium-sized pieces. On the other hand, cut the broccoli and potato into pieces to make cooking easier. The potato will make the cream thick without the need to add vegetable drinks or milk.
3.Start sautéing the garlic and onion for 6-8 minutes until the pieces are golden brown. It is advisable to season the ingredients with salt and pepper to taste, as that will give them a better flavor. Try not to put the heat too high so that the ingredients do not burn and always stir with a wooden spoon.
4.While the sauce is being made, in a separate pot, heat the vegetable broth using a liter of water. You can insert vegetable broth tablets or use a homemade broth that you have in your fridge.
5.Once the onion is golden enough, pour the broccoli and potato chunks into a skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes. Optional: if you usually use white wine for cooking, you can add a small amount to this mixture and wait a few minutes for it to evaporate. You will love the flavor!
6.Once 3-4 minutes have passed, pour the vegetable broth into the pot with the other ingredients, cover and turn up the heat to cook for 15 minutes. Remember to stir from time to time so that the ingredients do not stick to the bottom of the pot.
7.This step is an option, but if you feel like it, in the meantime you can fry some croutons in another pan. To do this, you will have to take a loaf of bread, cut a piece into small squares and fry them with plenty of hot oil until they are golden brown. Keep in mind that bread can burn very quickly, so be vigilant and remove the pieces from the heat at the exact moment they are done.
8.To check that the broccoli is done, prick the stem with a knife and check if it is soft. Do the same with the potato … if both ingredients are soft, you can remove the pot from the heat.
9.With the help of a blender or a mixer, beat the ingredients in the pot until the lumps disappear and you get a solid cream.
10.It will be done! You just need to serve the cream with the croutons on top and a little parsley to decorate it if you feel like it. Enjoy your meal!
- You can eat the broccoli cream as a main dish (you can add bread to it for more seasoning) or as a complement to other meals.
- Remember that, if you suffer from constipation, it is advisable to eat creams or green foods to help you purify the body.
- When making this recipe, you can complement the broccoli with other vegetables such as potato, zucchini or cauliflower.
- If you do not want to use the potato in this recipe for vegan broccoli cream, you can always use soy or almond milk so that, when you beat it, it has consistency.