Do you want a healthy dinner? To feel healthy, our diet must be balanced and it is recommended that the daily amount of food be distributed over about 5 meals, so that breakfast provides enough energy, until dinner, which should be lighter and with fewer calories than lunch. Normally, we eat dinner when we already have little time to go to sleep and these are the hours of the day when we need fewer calories, so if we overdo it, we have heavy digestions or problems falling asleep.
The best idea is to opt for a light meal for dinner, but here we know that it is not always easy to find dishes that provide a balance between low calories and flavor and, therefore, in this article we bring you 5 low-calorie and low-fat recipes for dinner that you will love them.
Cooked ham, fresh cheese and pineapple rolls
When we want to eat healthy, but without giving up the best flavor, I advise you to opt for the thin slices of cooked ham, which for us are among the tastiest on the market. This cooked ham is considered a good option because it is low in fat, reduced in salt, lactose and gluten free and only provides 94 kcal per 100 g, so its thin slices are ideal for preparing healthy and delicious dinners.
For example, take note of this recipe for cooked ham, fresh cheese and pineapple rolls, one of the recipes for light and quick dinners to lose weight and stay healthy:
- 2 small tubs or 125 gr of fresh cheese
- Thin slices of cooked ham
- 2 slices of pineapple
- Peel, cut the pineapple, with two slices will be enough, and cut it into small cubes.
- Mix the fresh cheese with the pieces until they are well integrated.
- Place a thin slice of cooked ham on the plate and, in the center, add the mixture in enough quantity so that the roll is quite stuffed and roll with the same slice.
- Repeat the process with several slices until you have all the ones you are going to have for dinner.
Zucchini rolls with cooked ham and cheese
This dish is one of the most recommended low-calorie dinners to lose weight, since, in addition, it has a very low fat content and is very nutritious. The zucchini rolls with cooked ham and cheese are also one of the easiest and fastest recipes to make, ideal for dinner hours, when our body no longer needs so much energy and in no time we will go to sleep.
- 1/2 zucchini
- Thin slices of cooked ham
- Slices of light or low-fat cheese
- Wash the zucchini, cut thin slices lengthwise and decide if you prefer it raw or grilled. In the latter case, try to use only a few drops of olive oil to iron it and do not do it too much so that it can roll well, without falling apart.
- Place a slice of cooked ham on the plate and a slice of low-fat cheese on top, roll them up and cut them in half so that they are the same width as the zucchini pieces.
- Put a strip or slice of zucchini on the plate and on top the ham and cheese roll, roll well and prick a toothpick that goes through the roll from side to side, making sure it does not open.
- Make the number of rolls that you are going to dinner at the moment.
Chicken and vegetable skewers
If you want to try recipes for hot dishes that are ideal as dinners to lose weight and stay healthy, we suggest you try the chicken and vegetable skewers. They are delicious, very tasty, depending mainly on the spices you add, they have few calories and fat and are very nutritious. You can opt for turkey meat, instead of chicken, but the important thing is that it is lean meat, since it contains less fat. Remember that greens and vegetables should abound in your dishes, they are rich in water and low in calories.
- 2 boneless chicken or turkey breasts
- 2 green peppers
- 2 red peppers
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 pinch of garlic salt
- 1 pinch of cumin
- 1 pinch of Provencal herbs (or other spices to taste)
- Peel the onion, wash the peppers and chop these vegetables into large cubes.
- Also cut the breasts into cubes, making sure they are the same size and that they can be eaten in one bite each.
- Make the skewers, placing the ingredients well interspersed.
- You can make them grilled if you have, or you can choose to use the oven. If you make them in the oven, add the dressing to your liking and bake them at 180ºC for 20 minutes.
Cooked ham, fresh cheese and tomato salad
Another of the delicious recipes for light dinners to lose weight without starving is the salad of cooked ham, fresh cheese and tomato. It is a very light dish that will provide variety to our diet and with which we will be able to provide various vitamins, proteins and minerals and very little fat.
- Lettuce, escarole or green shoots (to taste)
- 1 large salad tomato
- 3 or 4 slices of cooked ham reduced in salt
- Fresh cheese tacos
- A teaspoon of olive oil
- Wash the lettuce, remove the pieces that may be in bad condition, chop it and add it to the bowl that you are going to use to eat the salad.
- Wash and chop the tomato as well and add the pieces to the plate.
- Add the slices of cooked ham whole or chopped, as you prefer.
- Cut the fresh cheese, if you haven’t already bought it into tacos, and add it to the salad.
- Just before eating the salad, dress it with very little olive oil and mix all the ingredients well.
Sautéed mushrooms with vegetables
Finally, a dish that cannot be missing from the best low-calorie and low-fat dinner recipes is the sautéed mushrooms with vegetables. Remember that vegetables have a low caloric value so they must be very present in your recipes low in calories and fat. The mushrooms that you use in this recipe can be chosen to your liking, for example, you can use mushrooms, but you can also combine several types.
- 100 g of mushrooms or less if you add other mushrooms
- 1/2 carrot
- 1/4 zucchini
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 eggplant
- 1 or 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt or garlic salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- Prepare all the ingredients, washing, peeling and chopping as necessary (zucchini, carrot, peppers, mushrooms, etc.).
- In a frying pan or wok add the olive oil and all the chopped vegetables, stir well and raise the heat.
- Sauté over high heat for 5 minutes and, finally, add the mushrooms.
- Keep stirring well until the mushrooms are well done.
- Add a little salt and pepper to your liking.